WHAT DOES PTO DO?
The Kiva PTO is a non-profit 501c3 organization. In addition to sponsoring fun community events like Family Night, Kiva Pride Day/Pancake Breakfast, and Art Walk, the Kiva PTO organizes and supports various fundraisers throughout the year. As we raise funds for the school it allows us to gift monies back to the school. Over the last 3 years the PTO has averaged a gift of $78,000 per year, back to Kiva to cover the costs for the following:
- Accelerated Reader (AR)
- Library Aide
- Classroom, Playground and Lunchroom Aides
- Classroom supplies ($300 to each teacher)
- Computer Lab Aide
- Updated Computer Labs
- New classroom computers
- Picnic Tables and Sun Shades
- Additional Seating around campus
- Continuing Education of Teachers
- The Kiva PTO also hosts student and family favorites such as Kiva Korner, Honors Luncheon, Staff Luncheons, Picture Day, Yearbook, Masterpiece Art, Silent Auction, and Bowling Night.
The Kiva PTO’s purpose is to help support the educational needs of our children while supporting a strong community of families. Every family who has a child attending Kiva is a valued member of the PTO. These wonderful programs and activities would not be possible without your support. As a member, we encourage you to get involved with the Kiva PTO. In addition to the help you offer in your child’s classroom, consider giving a couple of hours each year to PTO programs. There are a variety of volunteer opportunities and it’s a rewarding experience to get to know other families from our community while working together for the benefit of all of our kids. Volunteers are always needed and appreciated!